[MayHeydays] May Heydays 2020 arrangements

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 15:07:42 BST 2019

Dear Dancers,

An update on 2020 arrangements

We have now heard back from the school. Word is that we cannot use the
school on Monday, 4 May, if it is not a bank holiday. However, indoor
campers and camper vans on hard standing will be able to stay until Monday
morning, 7.30am; campers who are on the playing fields will have to leave
by 10am.

A number of people wrote to their MPs and signed this petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/242483. The petition has over 6000
signatures now (do sign and pass it on by all means) but all the MPs'
replies so far were noncommittal or negative and the relevant ministry
sounds adamant that they will not change their minds on this. With the
change of prime minister, parliament has other things to worry about. So, we
think, we have to resign ourselves to the fact that we can't have the
Monday.

This means that we will dance until 10.30pm on Sunday night, so, what you
will be missing out on are the Monday morning workshops and the afternoon
dance.

We will adjust our ticket prices downwards to reflect the loss of dancing
time.

We shall reopen ticket sales at the beginning of September.

Keep an eye on the website for further information to be put up once
we have finalised the modified programme and confirmed the adjusted
ticket prices.

It is very unfortunate that this is happening to us at the time of moving
the festival. There's only one thing for it: we'll just have to dance
faster!

The Committee

--
Tel 01308 423 442