[MayHeydays] May Heydays

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 12:50:16 BST 2019

Dear Fellow Dancers,

Now that most of the festivals are over for 2019, it is time to look
ahead to 2020. Where better to look than at May Heydays?
http://mayheydays.org.uk

Remember, we've had to shorten the festival by one day due to the
government moving the bank holiday from 4th May to 8th May next year –
but we’ve had to lose only one band. We will finish at 22.30 hours on
Sunday night.

We have a full programme ready and waiting (not set in stone yet,
obviously). In addition to last year's programme, we will have
Scottish dancing, we have a walks organizer who will prepare local
walks of various lengths and there may be singing and music workshops
but that is dependent on enough people booking.

We will have camping on the school field (for tents, caravans and
camper vans) with 24/7 accessible shower and toilet facilities a few
yards away. Hook-ups will be available on a hard standing area for
disabled campers. (Please let Monty have your requirements when
booking.) Dogs ARE allowed on the field (but not in the school).
Obviously, they need to be supervised, you need to pick up after them
and a walking area will be designated.

The school is being extremely cooperative and we are confident that
any issue arising concerning the facilities will be sorted out there
and then.

For those of you who wish to stay in hotels or elsewhere, there is
info on our "Where to stay" page .

Bookings are open, but the Super Early-bird ticket sales will close on
30th September. Please consider also the time-limited offer of 2020 T
shirts at cost price and with free postage, to help us get the message
out there in your area.

Early-bird online bookings will open October 1st.

If you're sending in postal applications, please be patient during
September, as replies may be delayed due to holiday commitments. All
applications received by the end of the month will, naturally, be
eligible for the lowest prices.

As every year, we need stewards. We have made some changes regarding
the organisation of stewarding activities. Please go to the stewards
page for further info. As people who have stewarded at Eastbourne will
tell you: stewarding is fun! We have photos to prove it!

So, don't delay, send off your booking form today!

Mecki Testroet
Festival Director