[Arm-netbook] Status update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Nov 21 21:27:48 GMT 2022

---

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 9:02 PM Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> On Monday, 21 November 2022 19:21:41 CET Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > Paul: it really is very important for you to do the same,
> > because in over 18 months you are literally the only
> > person ever to have received a response of any kind.
>
> I have never communicated with Christopher Waid.

ah as Thinkpenguin is only 2.5 people, one of whom does not
answer the support email, the probability that you were answered
*by* Christopher Waid (without realising it) is very high.  apologies
for not making that clear.

> I think I made that pretty clear in my previous messages,

Thinkpenguin is not a sole trader, but there is only Bob (internal-only
technical R&D), Chris (main frontline support), and *one* part-time
helper.

> so I don't know why you believe otherwise.

it's a reasonable (but unclear) logical deduction.

> Maybe quote me the text that isn't clear so that I will know to avoid such
> misunderstandings in the future. For the record, I only ever sent a general
> question to Crowd Supply asking what their policy was on failing projects.

hang on - you sent a message to *Crowdsupply* and got a response from
*Crowdsupply* saying "contact the project creators directly"?

that being the case, that was the correct response.

> And perhaps, instead of chasing up Mr Waid, with whom I have no contractual
> relationship, Crowd Supply might exercise their expertise in ensuring that
> this project will not fail, given that they are so proud of their perfect
> record and of "carefully vetting and working with our projects".

it's just not their responsibility to do that.

it turns out that Joshua has in fact gone out of his way to help, at
no obligation.

Joshua has - *PERSONALLY* - offered to carry out the testing of all
Cards, which was what i transferred 0.8 BTC to Chris for him to
do [which Chris appears, as best can be discerned based on current
behaviour and complete lack of responses, to have embezzled].