[Arm-netbook] Should we support libre.computer's efforts at promoting lima?

doark at mail.com doark at mail.com
Wed Oct 17 03:45:20 BST 2018

<Quote name=libre.computer>

$1,000,000 Goal Reward: Reverse Engineering and Upstreaming a Open Source
Mali Utgard

The Mali-450 GPU currently uses a blob for X11/Wayland/DRM. This is less
than ideal and it is one of the sticking points in terms of open source
facing ARM adoption on multiple platforms. If we reach this amount, we
commit the necessary resources to upstream Mali Utgard GPU family support
in the Linux kernel and Mesa. This effort will take approximately a year.

We will announce more stretch goals as we move farther along the campaign.

</Quote>

Yes!
But it is a BIG goal.

Thanks!