[Arm-netbook] Testing: GPIO

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:02:04 GMT 2018

If we did decide to roll a v1.8 micro-desktop board, it would afford
us the opportunity to bring two of the presently unconnected GPIO18-21
lines to the expansion header in place of VESA_SCL and VESA_SDA (which
are after all available on pins 15 and 12 of the VGA connector).  If
VESA_SCL and VESA_SDA are more useful on the expansion header then, by
all means, forget this suggestion.

The other option to accommodate all our GPIO goodness would be to
replace J5 (2x10 header) with a 2x11 or 2x12 header allowing us to
bring all the GPIO pins to the expansion header (the only difference
being whether we would prefer to retain VESA_SCL and VESA_SDA in the
header).