[Arm-netbook] Testing: GPIO

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:33:30 GMT 2018

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 2:41 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:09 PM, Richard Wilbur
> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> After realizing that you mentioned all 8 GPIO lines were on the 20-pin
>> expansion header J5 in the microdesktop case, I consulted the
>> microdesktop schematic for clues.
>>
>> I suspect the UART and EOMA I2C pins should be left to those functions.
>
>  yehyeh.   UART implicitly tested "if console works it's probably
> good" and I2C with a bus scan, i2c-utils, if 0x51 EEPROM shows up,
> it's good.
>
>> I have added tables to the "Testing"[*] page under the "GPIO" section
>> with my nominations for which pins to test and their mapping back to
>> A20 register bits.
>
>  awesome.  it'll have to be done manually for now,

Are you suggesting that the testing "will have to be done manually"?
What is the time frame of "for now"?

I'm trying to figure out which pins of the expansion header we want to
test, which pins of the processor those correspond to, and thus which
registers and bits of those registers we need to manipulate.  That
determines how I need to interact with the GPIO driver.

>> Luke, does this match your understanding of the GPIO pins to test?
>
>  yep - GPIO_19,20,21 missing.

In the following table (created while I was trying to figure out which
GPIO were connected in the EOMA standard) you will see that EOMA nets
GPIO(18)/EINT3, GPIO(19), GPIO(20), and GPIO(21) are not connected on
the microdesktop schematic v1.7 from J14.  Thus they are at J14 but
not available anywhere else in the microdesktop v1.7.

1342 Fri 23 Feb 2018:
EOMA      A20           DS113      microdesktop
Net Name  ball register CON15 pin  J14 pin
PWM        B19   PI3      43         22  GPIO(10)
EINT0      A6    PH0      63         32  GPIO(11)
EINT1      B6    PH1      17          9  GPIO(16)
EINT2      B2    PH14     44         56  PWFBOUT GPIO(17)
EINT3      C2    PH18     39         20  NC GPIO(18)
GPIO(19)   A1    PH15     40         54  NC
GPIO(20)   C1    PH17     41         21  NC
GPIO(21)   B1    PH16     42         55  NC

We could obviously create a v1.8 schematic for the microdesktop and
connect these EOMA nets to a header, if desired.