[Arm-netbook] Crowsupply update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jan 8 19:07:21 GMT 2018

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 4:07 PM, Neil Jansen <njansen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK then, (A) is there a timetable for when he plans on having such a
> fixture ready?

 he isn't planning, i am.  any time in the next... 4 months is fine.
nothing could ever really be "planned" because there was no point
[with a previously unknown and unknowable time on the critical path].

> and (B) Do you have drawings for the fixture that you intend
> to give to him?

 no.  i met mike a year ago in shenzhen and discussed the need for a
test rig, not the actual details *of* a test rig.

> Or do you need help with the design?  Yes, in this case,
> I'm offering mechanical fixture design help if needed.

 hmm.... i tell you what [and importantly, why] - i feel it would be
best to let mike's guy come up with something based on a "requirements
specification".  that way he feels "needed and trusted" if you know
what i mean.

 if he ballses it up on the other hand... :)

>> i have!!  about six times!
>>

> I've been on the mailing list since May of 2017 and I don't recall seeing
> any direct calls for help in that department.

 the list's being going since... 2011.

> Not saying that you haven't,
> but I'm just saying that although I've read all the posts and all of the
> updates since that date, I've not seen a call for help in that area,
> because if I did, I probably would have stepped up and volunteered.  New
> people join all the time, and even more people lurk, so consider asking
> again.

 i forgot about that.  whoops :)