[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations--Taper

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 16:02:01 GMT 2018

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 4:05 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 8:27 AM, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 1:00 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
>> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>>  rectangular all-layers keepout, showing 1 and 3 here... damn layers 2
>>> and 5 have a weird shape (not enough clearance auto-generated) let me
>>> make it an oval all-layers keepout instead...
>>
>> Those do look very nice, indeed!
>
>  did the trick.  pain doing them by hand, had to do the flood-fill,
> then adjust the keepout, then write down by hand the distances that
> the keepout fitted cleanly to the edges, _then_ throw that file away,
> _then_ go back and put the rectangle left-right... bletch :)
>
>  anyway i moved the PWM via up a bit, left the 3V3 VIAs where they
> were - sorted.

The results are great!  Thanks for all the hard work to make it happen.

So I'm happy with the layout of the HDMI!

I checked for vias in component pads (manufacturability issue) and
since the gerber viewer I'm using complains about all the tools in the
drill file when I load it, I can't see the via holes.  So there may be
several false alarms in this list.  Could even be mostly false alarms.
But I would definitely check out C3 on layer 1 as there seems to be a
via in the middle of one of the pads.  (Marked with red arrow in
attached picture.)