[Arm-netbook] Meltdown and Spectre

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Fri Jan 5 04:09:33 GMT 2018

On Thu, 4 Jan 2018, Adam Van Ymeren wrote:

> The thing about Meltdown/Spectre is that they're really only problems if
> you rely on sandboxing to run untrusted code.

I'm not convinced that sandboxing is only useful for untrusted code.
Sometimes my trusted code has bugs (e.g. I would like to be able to look
at random images or documents or expose my webapp to the world), and
I would really like for it to not be able to be tricked into doing
something it shouldn't. I would also like to be able to compute in shared
environments.

Best,
Jack