[Arm-netbook] pyra computer

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Fri Feb 16 14:44:18 GMT 2018

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018, Pen-Yuan Hsing <penyuanhsing at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/02/18 11:13, Erik Auerswald wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did not want to enter this flame war, but I want to point out an
>> obvious misunderstanding of the involved parties:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 02:51:06PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>   now, it so happens in the case of HDMI that you can simply put an
>>> HDMI connector on the product.... what you CANNOT AND MUST NOT DO is
>>> put the *WORD* "HDMI" anywhere on your product, because that has
>>> SPECIFIC implications that the seller of that product HAS GONE THROUGH
>>> THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS.
>>
>> Without a "product" and a "seller" there can be no infringement. A hobby
>> project can exist and be publicly discussed and documented without being
>> either a product or sold.
>>
>> Over and out,
>> Erik
>
> I didn't want to enter this either. But I'd like to clarify that if it's
> copyright we're talking about,

I strongly suspect that it is _not_ copyright that we're talking about.

Until Luke or someone else points at an authoritative source to show
otherwise, I would assume that he's just mixed up several of the barely
related branches of law that people unhelpfully lump together under the
"Intellectual Property" umbrella term.

Cheers, Phil.