[Arm-netbook] pyra computer

Pen-Yuan Hsing penyuanhsing at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:33:15 GMT 2018

On 16/02/18 11:13, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did not want to enter this flame war, but I want to point out an
> obvious misunderstanding of the involved parties:
>
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 02:51:06PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> [...]
>>   now, it so happens in the case of HDMI that you can simply put an
>> HDMI connector on the product.... what you CANNOT AND MUST NOT DO is
>> put the *WORD* "HDMI" anywhere on your product, because that has
>> SPECIFIC implications that the seller of that product HAS GONE THROUGH
>> THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS.
>
> Without a "product" and a "seller" there can be no infringement. A hobby
> project can exist and be publicly discussed and documented without being
> either a product or sold.
>
> Over and out,
> Erik

I didn't want to enter this either. But I'd like to clarify that if it's
copyright we're talking about, then having a "product" or "seller"
doesn't matter. It's simply about the making of copies, and unlicensed
copies are forbidden by default regardless of how the copies are used. I
don't like it and disagree with it's whole premise (see onpon4's earlier
comment) but that's how it works.