[Arm-netbook] manufacturing a 7inch netbook housing for the pc card

ronwirring at Safe-mail.net ronwirring at Safe-mail.net
Tue Feb 13 21:13:40 GMT 2018

This question must be looked upon as an overall one. Not
a concrete one. It is more about if you know about
the economics of these small netbooks.

https://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/07/23/india.thirty.five.dollar.laptop/index.html
I do not know if this computer got on the market. It
cannot be done for 35usd without subsidies?

Let us say we have a series of pc cards. Having different
performances. Various prices. According to lkcl the
cheapest would be about 30usd.

On https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Cheap-Via-8880-7-inch-Android_60478978572.html
there is a 7 inch netbook for sale. It appears to be
a common computer. Prices are about 50usd.

I would want to compare the computer to the one
laptop per child. What magnitude of order would you
have to place at the manufacturer, getting him to
redesign the cabinet of the https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Cheap-Via-8880-7-inch-Android_60478978572.html netbook to
become a pc card housing? What would he
be able to sell the pc card housing netbook
for?