[Arm-netbook] asus eeepc 7inch, modifying it to accept a pc card

Pičugins Arsenijs crimier at yandex.ru
Sun Feb 11 21:58:32 GMT 2018

> Quick post from my phone -- existing PCMCIA card cages from random laptops
> are a dime-a-dozen on fleaBay, if you want to go that route. They would
> likely need minor modifications to the keying, but that's hardly a
> showstopper.

True, but they have proprietary pinouts, can easily be as big as to be unwieldly, and they're more expensive - I just checked Taobao and a PCMCIA socket there is 72 cents, I'll get 10pcs.

> Ron, did you see my previous email? I have an LCD panel that may work for
> you, to replace the original in the Eee - but I won't know if it's
> compatible, without that part number. If it *is* compatible, I'll ask you
> to cover shipping costs and that's all.

I can check it tomorrow, too - I'm not at my workplace right now. I also imagine you can look up eBay for "asus eee 701 panel" and find the model numbers.

> I know /almost/ for a fact that my display will work with an EOMA68 card,
> as it takes a parallel TTL input -- somewhere I think I have the datasheet
> -- I just need your part number to know if they are physically
> interchangeable without getting out the craft knife... I suspect the aspect
> ratios are different, though -- mine is straight SVGA (800x600), and IIRC,
> Eee PC netbooks were always widescreen -- either 800x480 or 1024x600...

Right, EEE PC 701 has a 800x480 screen. So, I'm guessing that the display bezel mod will be necessary, too.