[Arm-netbook] asus eeepc 7inch, modifying it to accept a pc card

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 21:51:33 GMT 2018

Quick post from my phone -- existing PCMCIA card cages from random laptops
are a dime-a-dozen on fleaBay, if you want to go that route. They would
likely need minor modifications to the keying, but that's hardly a
showstopper.

Ron, did you see my previous email? I have an LCD panel that may work for
you, to replace the original in the Eee - but I won't know if it's
compatible, without that part number. If it *is* compatible, I'll ask you
to cover shipping costs and that's all.

I know /almost/ for a fact that my display will work with an EOMA68 card,
as it takes a parallel TTL input -- somewhere I think I have the datasheet
-- I just need your part number to know if they are physically
interchangeable without getting out the craft knife... I suspect the aspect
ratios are different, though -- mine is straight SVGA (800x600), and IIRC,
Eee PC netbooks were always widescreen -- either 800x480 or 1024x600...