[Arm-netbook] pyra computer

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Feb 6 09:21:27 GMT 2018

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018, Jean Flamelle <eaterjolly at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/5/18, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 5:28 PM,  <ronwirring at safe-mail.net> wrote:
> >
> >> If I write: Lkcl, can you ...
> >> Then I want you to answer.
> >> If I write: Can lkcl ...
> >> Then all on the email list may answer.
> >
> >  the list's name is "arm-netbooks", best to refer to everyone on it by
> > that, rather than confuse the use of my personal initials of my
> > personal name?
> >
> > l.
>
> A lead participating in community as a regular member, is important.

indeed.  and using the personal initials of the lead developer (me) to
refer to the members, over whom i have absolutely no authority or control
exvept as the dual role / capacity of list moderator, particularly when
there already exists a unique and separate and distinct naming convention
("members of arm-netbooks") is massively confusing and thus is
inappropriate.

reminder ron: i set the rules here, you do not. that is my role as lead,
and you are free to ignore those rules if you are also happy to accept the
consequence that i am free to put you into moderation mode (again).

This is difficult task not many will understand the value of, much
> less appreciate.
>
> If we don't address Luke directly, we depreciate a great deal of energy.
> Exaggerating what many could answer, deprives meaning from those few
> or the only one who can answer rigorously accurate.

confusion by not following normal conventions, by inventing new ones that
nobody was consulted about, places a burden on absolutely everybody to work
out what the hell is going on.

> Transparency requires tinted windows.
> Openness requires passionate effort.

funny. nice analogy and also true.