[Arm-netbook] Retrfit a Nokia and KiCad fun

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 09:00:06 BST 2017

https://hackaday.com/2017/09/12/hackaday-prize-entry-retrofit-a-nokia/
https://hackaday.io/project/21263-nokia-3210-retro-fit-board

Quote from the project log:
"With the patched I submitted you can turn KiCad into a 'I know what I
am doing' mode. Which meas you can place any type of via anywhere. You
should not do it though. Vias are pretty well constraint by the
manufacturer of the board. Since KiCad does not know of any layer
thickness, production technologies and such it restricts to what is a
sensible lowest common denominator."

Hmm so KiCad does not have a "PCB manufacturer constraints" input? How
handy... NOT