[Arm-netbook] early access EOMA68 to hardware for parabola ARM maintainers?

Andreas Grapentin andreas at grapentin.org
Thu May 11 16:34:01 BST 2017

> > Yes Luke has a list somewhere for devs who want early access on his site.
>
> Correct. I'm going to save you the time to search the vast archive of
> the arm-netbook mailing list:

Thank you very much!

> *Begin of shortened quote*
> "Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 03:49:59 +0000
> From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkclatlkcl.net>
> Subject: [Arm-netbook] Mainlining the EOMA68-A20
>
> i'm just talking to my host, here in taiwan, to use his equipment to
> get 50 boards made up.  i'll also get some RS232-UARTs and some
> micro-desktops made as well... or perhaps some breakout boards and the
> OTG-Host cables, have to see.
>
> any takers please put alias down here so i get a quick idea of numbers
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/ "

This looks very promising. I need to ask a couple more questions:

Could parabola as a whole go into that list, with a to-be-determined
number of cards, or would we need to name the individual hackers?

We have at least three people working on the arm port, maybe more. Would
asking for ~5 cards still be in the right ballpark?

Would the prototypes be lent to us? donated? sold?

Is there an ETA?

Best,
-Andreas

my GPG Public Key:                 https://files.grapentin.org/.gpg/public.key