[Arm-netbook] firefly 3399 all source software disclosed?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed May 10 08:12:57 BST 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Allan Mwenda <allanitomwesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luke
> On the topic of GPU's have you seen this?
> https://github.com/etnaviv/etna_viv

 yeahyeah i have.

> Seems to be a libre driver for Vivante GPU's

 it is. the problem with vivante is that their *own* proprietary
driver is so shit that the entire reputation of vivante's technology
has been shot to shit.

 i spoke with one fabless semiconductor company, urging them to use
etnaviv: unfortunately my contact used the word "vivante" when talking
to the engineer, who told my contact "it's shit.  it keeps crashing.
so we won't use it".

 whoopsie...