[Arm-netbook] microdesktop casework as DXF files for laser-cutting

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Mar 31 10:47:23 BST 2017

---

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 6:28 AM, Normand Chamberland <gemnoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

> <Marqueteur at fineartmarquetry.com>:
>>
>> This could be used in conjunction with a dado in the top and bottom
>> pieces and rabbeting the sides.  This would keep the unmarked top and
>> bottom (with optional venting laser fretwork logos, etc.), and still
>> allow the sides to be held.  This would require flipping the sides to
>> laser the kerfs for the bends, and alignment of PCB mounting dadoes (on
>> the second laser operation) might be tricky at best.
>>
>> The other option would be to dado the top/bottom for the full thickness
>> of the sides and let the top/bottom extend past the sides.
>>
>> If a pair of internal pieces are used for mounting the PCB/card, then
>> you're up to eight pieces, but still less than the 11 I recall being
>> mentioned, and probably at better material efficiency.
>>
>> Tor
>

>  If I understand you, you mean something like this?
>
> https://github.com/normandc/EOMA68/tree/master/Microdesktop/Images

 normand, can you please not use non-free proprietary git services for
this project, it sends completely the wrong message.  please delete
that github repository immediately, it brings the EOMA68 project's
reputation into disrepute and that's completely unacceptable.

if you do not have a savannah or other libre hosting service please
send me an ssh public key and i will set you up with a gitolite
repository.