[Arm-netbook] Arm processors

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Mar 3 01:30:10 GMT 2017

---

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 8:59 PM, John Luke Gibson <eaterjolly at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/2/17, zap <zapper at openmailbox.org> wrote:

>> My bad again. I really failed in that respect.

 's'ok zap

>> By the way,  I hope you are feeling better.

 getting there

> @Zap, in this case verbosity helps greatly. If you (for all you
> honestly knew at the time) redundantly mentioned the purpose of the
> link was presenting jxself as an alternative.
>
> In fact it would seem you were paying more attention than you (for all
> Luke honestly knew at the time) seemed to be.

 yeah yesterday wasn't a good day: i learned that the NAND ICs which
are currently available are no longer compatible with the NAND BOOT
ROM on the A20.  the A20's basically running out of time and i will
have to make a decision to put sub 1GB NAND ICs on-board to store the
bootloader *only*, and ship with MicroSD cards with the OS on it
instead.

 the passthrough card i can't get it up and running in a
straightforward fashion: it's going to take time.

 the microdesktop is going to need a rework as the microsd power
supply 3.3v line is back-feeding into VREFTTL of the A20 and
destabilising the processor.  i'll need to put in high-speed
bi-directional level shifters.  argh.

 the rk3288 is almost up and running: i destroyed one processor and
RAM with a short between the 2v and 1.5v supply, and the first board i
had working will not talk to the SYR827 or anything else on the PMIC
I2C Bus.  i have three remaining boards spare which i am slowly in the
process of double-checking the I2C bus first, before putting on the
SoC and then the $40 worth of DDR3 RAM.  each IC added is risky.

all this was yesterday.

 so i am Not A Happy Bunny.