[Arm-netbook] Gigabytes for tabs despite power down.

KRT Listmaster listmaster at beauxbead.com
Sun Jun 25 14:37:25 BST 2017

On 06/25/2017 06:35 AM, Wookey wrote:

<snip>

>> I hate the way there aren't any cross-browser bookmarks.  Another form
>> of lock-in.
>
> If you are OK with remote bookmarks then you can use them from both
> chromium and firefox (e.g. google bookmarks), and it's quite easy to
> transfer them in either direction, but I don't know of a local, open,
> bookmark-store mechanism.
>
> Wookey

What about Import/Export to HTML?  That's always worked well for me.
Also, looking at Chromium, it seems to offer to import bookmarks from
Firefox/Iceweasel (but not Icecat, from what I can tell).  Likewise,
Icecat seems to offer to import from Chromium (Bookmarks -> Show All
Bookmarks -> Import and Backup -> Import Data from Another Browser).

However, I've tested the non-HTML import/export process using only a
single bookmark, so perhaps it misbehaves if you have a lot of
bookmarks/structure to transfer.

Does this not fulfill the task at hand?

- KR

--
This email account is used for list management only.