[Arm-netbook] Fwd: [trinity-devel] TDE Fundraiser

Bill Kontos vkontogpls at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 19:50:39 BST 2017

> Isn't that what will happen with X as soon as people get fanatical about
> wayland like they have done with systemd?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Nobody is getting fanatical over wayland. Wayland solves real problems
with a rather small disturbance( drivers are almost the same, only
applications are affected) and it has some sort of xwayland fallback
mode in case it doesn't work which worked like a charm on the case of
k3b for me. gtk supports it pretty well now and qt is working on it
too. It was turned on by default on the current fedora release so as
you can probably guess it's a long way from ready but it's improving
really fast, and at least as far as gnome apps are concerned they work
relatively well( gparted being an exception).