[Arm-netbook] firefly 3399 all source software disclosed?

John Luke Gibson eaterjolly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 00:14:25 BST 2017

On 5/31/17, ronwirring at safe-mail.net <ronwirring at safe-mail.net> wrote:
> You have a tendency to magnify the impact of one persons actions.
> Do you actually believe, that me writing manufacturers and making
> demands, right or wrong demands, has any impact on the situation
> of libre software? Do you think acer in any way takes notice? No.
> If half a million people in a short period of time hammered acer
> with demands, then there might be some impact.
>
> Previously you told me, that putting pressure on manufacturers
> should be done.
> Then I discarded what you said. I have reached to another point
> of view. Maybe coordinated campaigns, which are not being done now, might
> show some results. It can mobilize libre software people. Getting the
> power to have a say against manufacturers.

The best way to approach the issue is as a partner, not as a client.
There are people that go through the support channels with
unreasonable demands or QA-failure related complaints magnifying them
to ridiculous proportions.

When using support channels to address a legitimate ethical concern,
one will only look like one of those unreasonable customers.