[Arm-netbook] Arm Netbook, Saw the update,

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 22:35:35 BST 2017

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:56 AM, Richard Wilbur
> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the interest of solving the challenge of integrating the HDMI connector, I have a few questions:
[...]
>> 2.  How many copper layers does this board have?
>
>  6

Okay, that didn't change since the last time you answered this.  (You
just answered the more complete version of my reply sent back on 27
Jun.  I accidentally sent it before I finished writing it--and then
sent the complete version after I finished writing it.  You replied in
June to the incomplete version of the message and today to the
complete version.  Sorry for causing any confusion as I am still
making peace with the user interface of my smart phone E-mail
client--which I'm thankfully not using right now.)

>> 3.  What is the minimum trace size?
>
>  5mil
>
>> 4.  What is the minimum trace spacing?
>
>  5mil.

Did you change pcb fabricators recently?  In June you said the minimum
trace size and spacing were 3.5mil.  Just want to be sure I'm working
with the right numbers.

>> 5.  Is the minimum plated through hole diameter 6 mil?
>
>  yes.  with a 12mil surround.

[...]
>> The Amphenol part has 0.15mm clearance between lands for even row of pins and board edge in cutout while Molex 468753011 has 0.9mm clearance in the same spot.
>
>  i'll be using the JAE DC3 because the pins are exposed, meaning that
> standard oven baking can be used.  the amphenol part the pins are
> covered over, meaning that a second pass of solder reflow is needed.
> that costs money... and sometimes doesn't work anyway.

Sounds like an improvement in manufacturability.  Which part are you using?
These are all mid-mount micro-HDMI receptacles.

part number                 mounting depth    Shell DIP length(mm)
DC3R019JA1R1500  0.95mm                 1.2
DC3R019JA5R1500  0.95mm                 0.8
DC3R019JA7R1500  0.65mm                 0.65