[Arm-netbook] Arm Netbook, Saw the update,

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jul 20 17:07:27 BST 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:56 AM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the interest of solving the challenge of integrating the HDMI connector, I have a few questions:
> 1.  Is there a publicly-accessible spot from which I can download the schematics and pcb files?  (I found http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/pcb/ is that the correct place?)

 not yet.

 6

> 3.  What is the minimum trace size?

 5mil

> 4.  What is the minimum trace spacing?

 5mil.

> 5.  Is the minimum plated through hole diameter 6 mil?

 yes.  with a 12mil surround.

> 6.  Did this message (composed on my iPhone E-mail client) come through in HTML or simple text?

 no idea.

> The Amphenol part has 0.15mm clearance between lands for even row of pins and board edge in cutout while Molex 468753011 has 0.9mm clearance in the same spot.

 i'll be using the JAE DC3 because the pins are exposed, meaning that
standard oven baking can be used.  the amphenol part the pins are
covered over, meaning that a second pass of solder reflow is needed.
that costs money... and sometimes doesn't work anyway.