[Arm-netbook] Logos

John Luke Gibson eaterjolly at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:48:40 GMT 2017

> The idea about a dot in the "O" of EOMA made me think of fonts where the
> dot is in the 0 (zero) to distinguish it from O (capital letter O) As we
> all are somehow computer related I would find such a design confusing.

If it was really to be in honor of the modularity and progress of
blender, one would want to make the "O" not really in any particular
font, but to look exactly the shape blender logo, except without the
flay or the color scheme: a perfect solid-color circle within another
perfect circle. It wouldn't theoretically be confusing because the
mark you are thinking of is a hollow circle in an oval. Letter-o'es
and zeroes can only sometimes be confusing because in some fonts they
are both written as vertical ovals, not just the zero.

I'm not sure on the required dimensions of a certification mark,
however, the solid-shape flag-esque convention I've noticed among
popular one's, often seems to detract from the continuity of the
design on the objects that bear them, making them seem particularly
foreign and like they don't belong. The vaporwave-esque color palate
which most of them choose only add to this affect, as if they
themselves are trying to distance themselves on some subconscious
level from their endorsements.

As a side effect to this, it makes them harder to trust. Any symbolism
of any significant body, displays historical awareness.. It's what
tells people whether they can trust it, before reading or attempting
to judge it. Therein lies the axiom, there is no such thing as an
original thought, so, if by means of arbitrary work dedicated to make
more concise and thoroughly plastered an announcement of what
historical or cultural event may have inspired such thoughts and such
work, people will then engage in the arbitrarily difficult work of
judging whether the project is sincere or not.

In other words, if we don't display more than necessary effort in our
symbol that can be recognized with several magnitudes less effort than
it took to generate, then no highly-self-valuing person will have any
sane reason to take us seriously, because if they took every slightly
promising project, which failed to create a Sybil-certificate
reputation in this manner, then they would never find a single
valuable project in their lifetime (obviously this is an
exaggeration).