[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 In A Intel Card World?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 09:55:33 GMT 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 09:39:06AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>  so there's lots of flexibility: any one SoC needs to comply with the
> absolute bare minimum, so that if people *really want* to pay only $11
> for a Card they can, and if they want better they can pay $150 for an
> RK3288 with 4GB RAM and 32GB ultra-fast eMMC.

What assurance can we give the technically uninterested end user that the $11
card that works with their $30 toaster will not blow up their $1000 TV when
their 6 year old swaps the cards ? I don't care if it does not work in the TV,
but the consumer will be upset if it draws too much power (or something) and
damages the TV.

My question is one about branding, or regulation of the standard, to stop ''cheap
chinese cloners'' from wrecking the public perception of EOMA68.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/