[Arm-netbook] Logging and journaling

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Feb 10 20:11:02 GMT 2017

>> with the exception of fedora which has only a few backers i will NOT
>> be distributing a filesystem which contains the completely
>> unethically-developed and very dangerous systemd application.

I mentioned systemd simply as a data point indicating that its
considered normal nowadays to log to ram.

> cares. Worst-case scenario, you make a decision that turns out to be a
> maintenance burden for you and annoys some of your backers. Regardless

FWIW, I recently "solved" some odd permission problems I was having with
network-manager as well as a few other minor oddities on a Debian
testing system by installing systemd on it (I hadn't worked hard to
avoid it, but that 10 year old installation of Debian testing somehow
had managed to go through incremental upgrades without install systemd).

So, yes, I wouldn't be surprised that Debian-without-systemd suffers
from latent bugs.

        Stefan