[Arm-netbook] Olimex is making an "open-source" laptop...

Jonathan Frederickson silverskullpsu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:14:17 GMT 2017

> Not only that: if the machine doesn't run a vanilla Linux kernel,
> there's a terribly good chance that 3 years down the road, you'll still
> be stuck with the same outdated kernel.

Aye, that's my biggest issue with most of these little ARM devices.
They don't have mainline support, so try running a device from 3 years
ago and you'll find that it's already outdated. Why is that a problem?
Well just take a look at the CVE list...

The A20 card should hopefully be a welcome relief from this insanity:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel/ARMMP