[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 19:59:16 BST 2017

On Aug 14, 2017, at 00:14, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 7:43 AM, mike.valk at gmail.com
> <mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't have any fancy math like Richard so it might be FUD. Or just
>> my mild form of OCD. :-)
>
> :)

I'm sorry if any of this looks like fancy mathematics.  (As someone whose first degree is in mathematics, I thought this was all very mundane algebra at best.  I didn't get into field theory, Maxwell's equations [partial differential], et cetera.)

>> Anyway a picture of the flood-fill will reveal everything.
>
> attached.  greyscaled (smaller).  original GND tracks are still
> visible but they're *combined* with the floodfill.

So I enjoyed looking at the picture but I'm curious what I'm looking at.  Is this one layer?  Which layer?  What does the black mean?  What about the gray?