[Arm-netbook] SPI-based LCDs, 3D printing, RISC-V

Adam Van Ymeren adam at vany.ca
Thu Apr 27 16:15:39 BST 2017

On April 27, 2017 9:23:40 AM EDT, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Christian Kellermann
><ckeen at pestilenz.org> wrote:
>
>> As the current issue is time in producing them I would also scratch
>> the printed parts order myself, maybe in exchange for a discount on
>> future designs done by Luke and print them myself. People with access
>> to a maker lab could consider doing the same...
>>
>> I am not capable to promise good quality printing for 3rd parties as
>> have been starting getting into this for a rather short while now...
>
> well, a 200x200 basic reprap will do the job, with a 0.4mm nozzle and
>a layer height of between 0.15 and 0.2mm is absolutely fine.  it's not
>hugely difficult.  i've just ordered this ($140!!) 3D printer from a
>taobao seller, it's arriving in a couple of days:
>
> https://world.taobao.com/item/526287577504.htm

Here's a thought, if you're okay running a fleet of printers, what if we crowd funded a fleet of 3d printers, whereby people pay for printers, you do a bulk order of printers, use them to print the parts and then distribute the printers to backers.  Sort of like a promotional thing, you can receive one of the printers that was used to make your laptop.