[Arm-netbook] SoC warp soldering risk?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Apr 25 03:18:31 BST 2017

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:55 AM, Adam Van Ymeren <adam at vany.ca> wrote:
> On April 23, 2017 1:20:47 AM EDT, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>
>> it's also why i haven't done a smart (or dumb) phone, because
>>*without* that smaller size (due to "stacking") you simply can't make
>>a small enough PCB for it to be socially acceptable, these days.
>
> I would totally buy and use a phone large enough to fit an eoma68 CPU card.

 i thought of a potential way to deal with that, and it's to allow the
Card to stick out the side.

>  But there may not be wide enough appeal to get the costs down to a reasonable number.

 well that's why i want to do a smaller card (EOMA50).  honestly if
spending the time on this i would prefer to do something that stands a
chance of a larger appeal (and would reach an acceptable crowd-funding
threshold)