[Arm-netbook] System 76 - Entering Phase 3

Benson Mitchell benson.mitchell+arm-netbook at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 20:58:27 BST 2017

On Apr 21, 2017 3:40 PM, "Allan Mwenda" <allanitomwesh at gmail.com> wrote:

Compromise is a trap

Agreed. But I don't see anyone advocating compromise.

If Luke were to say "It's okay, make an EOMA-68 laptop with proprietary
hardware, and just ship blobs on the EOMA-68 card that comes with it", that
would be compromise -- but that's not gonna happen, and I don't see anyone
suggesting it should.

It's not compromise to work with someone who currently sells laptops with
proprietary hardware, to develop an EOMA-68 laptop that meets the same
standards (including "no proprietary hardware") as any other EOMA-68
housing.