[Arm-netbook] Clear and Translucent- so base-half is see-through, screen's half is "fogged"?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Sep 13 00:26:42 BST 2016

---

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:21 AM,  <chadvellacott at sasktel.net> wrote:
>    Considering which "PFY" lap-top housing to choose.
>
>    One option listed was "PLA / Metallic Silver Base with Translucent Screen
> Assembly".
>    One option listed was "PLA / Clear and Translucent".
>
>    (a) So for the latter option, the base is the clear part, and the screen
> is the translucent part?
>    (b) And by "Clear", is the meaning, "see-through", as in I could see the
> hard-ware components inside of the base, while typing at the lap-top?
> That'd be really nice, educational.

 i know - i did however try 3d printing PLA that's supposed to be
"clear" and it came out translucent, i.e. light would shine through it
but the internals were not clear.  it's just the way that filament
printing is.

 the more expensive resin (DLP) or the ultra-expensive sintered powder
printing would however come out clear.