[Arm-netbook] "zombie" campaign

chadvellacott at sasktel.net chadvellacott at sasktel.net
Mon Sep 12 19:40:56 BST 2016

On 16.9.12 0:25, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
~~~~~
> On ~, Sep 10, 2016 at 11:47 PM,  <chadvellacott at sasktel.net> wrote:
~~~~~
>> On 16.9.9 20:41, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
~~~~~

>>>    hmm.... have to think about that, as i can't come back in the USA and
>>> bring in anything that could be construed as a "sample".
>>>
>>> l.
>>>
>>     Would it work to just ship those items, from outside of the "US", like
>> "MiniFree" or "Kano" seem to or seemed to?  At least for shipping TO
>> addresses outside of the "US"?
>
>   we need to work out if it's cheaper to ship everything first to the
> US and then outwards from there (because there's no customs duty, just
> a one-off "fee" that pales into insignificance).  certainly, sea
> freight (which is by volume) would be a lot lower than air freight
> (which is by weight).
>
>   i've been trusting the amounts that both chris and joshua
> independently use: they're both experienced at this.  me, i'm just
> getting my head down into the PCBs etc. for now - logistics comes
> later.
>
> l.

~~~~~~
    I have been aiming, to "pre-order" in the next few days.
    But, how likely, do you think, shall you be able to FILL "pre-orders"?
    If how you will respond to "pre-ordering" is "up in the air", then me "pre-ordering" now, might
result in hassle for both of us, rather than be of benefit to both of us.
    So then perhaps I should wait until a decision has been made?

    Eagerly, Chad.  (:^)