[Arm-netbook] Wikipedia's EOMA68 page

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Sep 6 23:18:56 BST 2016

On Tuesday 6. September 2016 23.09.15 Paul Boddie wrote:

> Anyway, I've since added a bunch of citations:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=EOMA-68&oldid=738088717
>
> I hope that other editors can source their material and maybe even widen
> the sources to other sites than the ones I had to hand.

And the stupid bot just reverted my entire edit because "Inexperienced user
citing to primary sources associated wiht [sic] the product, fails WP:RS."

And, of course, the page is now a deletion candidate. It makes me wonder how
automatic ("wiht", indeed) this "bot" is.

So, I say that we don't waste any more time with these people. I've left a
remark about this on the talk page, but I guess they'll just delete the page.
It's really far better to provide robust, authoritative documentation
elsewhere and just ignore Wikipedia for the time being.

The tactic, if Luke is bothered about misrepresentation, is to then demand
page deletion if someone recreates the page and writes nonsense on it. After
all, that probably works rather well for famous people, so we can afford the
luxury of suspending our disbelief for a second and thinking that it might
work here as well.

Paul

P.S. Generally, I've only ever edited Wikipedia to correct nonsense, add
citations to various things, and generally try and uphold the historical
record (where others might want to further their own agenda on a non-factual
basis).