[Arm-netbook] Wikipedia's EOMA68 page

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Sep 6 22:09:15 BST 2016

On Tuesday 6. September 2016 22.00.54 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ... is going to quickly turn into a clusterf*** if people don't step
> in sharp-ish and help out.

Well, I added a note in the talk page first of all, which more or less says
that people should review edits and deploy "citation needed" rather than pick
fights on the talk page. I guess it's probably unwise for you to do major
edits for now because that will just upset them even more, but on the positive
side, the page isn't in bad shape right now anyway.

It would be good to put a prominent glossary of terms somewhere that can then
be used to enforce consistency on the Wikipedia page and throughout the other
documentation. I can't find an obviously-located glossary page at the moment.
And since the standard mentions "CPU Card" whereas the Wikipedia page mentions
"Computer Card", people get confused without such guidance.

Anyway, I've since added a bunch of citations:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=EOMA-68&oldid=738088717

I hope that other editors can source their material and maybe even widen the
sources to other sites than the ones I had to hand.

Paul

P.S. A stupid bot caused an edit conflict on the page, and I got the useless
MediaWiki exhortation to merge my edit with the conflicting one (great when
you've got two plain text widgets and nothing else to help you) and not to
just overwrite the existing page text with my own. But it's actually easier to
do an overwrite, save the page, and then to see the differences and fix up if
necessary. Of course, the bot was just adding a date to a "citation needed"
tag, that being a top priority task to ensure maximum page quality, naturally.