[Arm-netbook] EOMA Specification / Documentation Issues

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:38:14 BST 2016

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 1:26 PM, mike.valk at gmail.com <mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are problems with the H3 (& variants) display driver, on the
>> HDMI output front,
>> as seen on : http://linux-sunxi.org/GPL_Violations
>>
>> Currently the driver cannot be mainlained as-is.
>
> Bear in mind that page is regarding the code in the "Allwinner (Lichee)"
> kernel. This does not reflect the code made by the sunxi community to
> enable graphics output on mainline.

I was speaking of the driver written by Jean-François Moine:
http://moinejf.free.fr/opi2/index.html

But some of it is based on AW's lichee code, and some of it would need
further informations (HDMI PHY model) from AW before being mainlinable.

I spoke last week about such things with Jean-François.

> Besides the code from Allwinner, even with the proper licencing, is not
> mainline material. Very quick and dirty code and hacks.

Yes, we all know that, sadly... :-(

> H3 support is mostly hindered by availability and interest.

I've got an H3 based SBC that I'm tinkering with, and a few others are
also working on it. But that's getting off topic.

Cheers

--
Vincent Legoll