[Arm-netbook] laptop casework, jz4775 cpu card, fosdem 2016

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Jan 15 14:02:39 GMT 2016

On Friday 15. January 2016 14.26.41 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> naturally it took a whole lot of shouting at digikey to get them to do
> a full audit of the stock of ACT8600-QJ601-T PMICs, but i've placed an
> order for replacements - to be sent directly to me - and will be
> putting those on when they arrive.  also, only 1 out of the 6 PCBs
> happened to _not_ have solder-bridges under the DDR3 RAM ICs, so i've
> ordered some replacement DDR3 RAM and will be having a go at putting
> on 78-pin BGAs with the IRDA solder station.  it'll be fun to try.
> ok.... correction: it'll be fun to succeed.

So, was it Digikey that mixed up the parts or the factory that put the wrong
IC on the board?

As for the RAM, I guess that it made for the "bring up" process, as described
in that bare-metal Ingenic work, to be slightly more exciting than it should
have been. When you're probably only somewhat confident that the code will do
the trick, I guess it's frustrating to have defective hardware involved as
well.

Anyway, good luck with the printing and soldering!

Paul