[Arm-netbook] Keyboard

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Mon Aug 29 18:04:57 BST 2016

Hi Raphël,

Le Mon, 29 Aug 2016 17:59:39 +0200
Raphaël Mélotte <raphael.melotte at gmail.com> a écrit:

> I made a quick list of things an average user is used to have on a
> laptop, that aren't on the eoma68 laptop housing. Maybe we could
> later add it to the user wiki, along with ways to replace them with
> software when it's possible ? (for example how the disks IO LED can
> be shown on screen, along with the caps lock and num lock status,...)
>
> - Main power status: ON/OFF/suspended (to know whether the card has
> been completely shutdown or not)
> - Battery status: charging/discharging/low power
> - Disk IO LED: blinking when the disk/sd card is being read/written to
> - Num lock, caps lock and scroll lock status LEDs: ON/OFF
> - Wireless and/or bluetooth status LED: ON/OFF (some USB adapters do
> have a led but they won't be visible if they are plugged in the
> internal USB)

All this can be realized some way or other through the touchpad
which is actually a TS+LCD. At least for those features for which the
main CPU is on, there is no problem: Wireless, BT, key lock status can
be shown there. Complex displays will be a bit trickier with the A20 off
and only the STM32 powered, but we can still manage some simple display
of e.g. the battery charging status.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.