[Arm-netbook] Keyboard

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 22:09:57 BST 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Alexander .S.T. Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> some thinkpads at one point had a led light that pointed down and lite
> up the keyboard without shining in the users eyes i think. it was in the
> top bezel of the screen. maybe that would be a simpler mod.

Yep, that's the one (thinkpad T42p) it was located just next to the webcam,
over the display, angled towards the keyboard, with a slight overhang from
the case, so that the led was not directly visible. It was switchable with a
key Fn combo. Just ON/OFF, no real need for light levels.

Real nice idea, before backlit keyboards...

I'll take some closeup pics when I get back where it is stored.

I'd do a dual one, with LEDs far apart, to avoid making hand shadows.

--
Vincent Legoll