[Arm-netbook] Keyboard

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:25:06 BST 2016

'ey Luke, I've reverse-engineered a keyboard before in about half an
afternoon. It was a dead one, mind you (my mother had emptied a cup of
orange Crystal Lite into it!) but I got a fair idea from it.

The method you're looking for is not following traces, but rather using a
multimeter set to continuity (or diode test) and hook-probes (google if
unfamiliar). Two sheets of contacts, so two connectors, you know?

So, you hook one hook-probe to the first pin on the bottom-side connector,
and the other probe to the first pin on the top-side, and you find what key
connects them. Move the top-side hook-probe over one pin and do the same
thing. Once you've gotten all the top-side pins, move the bottom-side over
one and start the bottom-side over again at pin one.

If you get bored easily (or zone out quickly) -- Pandora and a decent pair
of PC speakers really helps ;) Logitech makes okay ones for this that are
pretty cheap (audiophiles will beg to differ).