[Arm-netbook] eoma68-jz4775 x-ray pictures

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Apr 25 17:10:34 BST 2016

---

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Hrvoje Lasic <lasich at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of the company involved in this year program also actually think to be
> organized as "Benefit Corporation". They are from Italy and as I understood
> in Italy this is possible (one of the very few countries) and their business
> idea is strongly socially oriented. I didn't ask myself if this is legally
> possible - good question. I guess that you would have to discuss it with
> some legal person and as Rockstart is partially financed from Dutch lottery
> (which is by definition charity)

 iinteresting.

>  However, in later stage when you actually need investment to scale it might
> be more difficult to raise money (from simple reason that investor ask for
> profit - this is truth). It may need some other means to raise money for
> your company.

 well, let's think about it.  you're an eco-company.  you want some
money, and you want to pursue ethical and/or eco priorities, do you
*really* want to completely abandon all those principles, on which,
basically the *entire company is based*, just to receive some money??

 surely it would be better to explain to the investors that in order
to achieve the goal of being profitable whilst prioritising
eco-responsibility, that the investors need to accept that the ethical
and eco priorities *are* the top priorities, yes?

 and good investors - the ones that have the environment as a priority
over profit in their minds, will go "hmm, you're right.  actually,
i've been looking for people just like you - here's a billion
dollars".

> Between priority 1 and 3 there is little difference.

 it's a huge difference, that's only really noticeable when the
financial pressure is on (such as shareholder fights that result in
EGMs looking for good reasons to fire - or impeach - the Directors).
a standard company that has an "Eco" policy or, as best illustrated in
Professor Yunus' book "Creating a World Without Poverty", has a
"Corporate Social Responsibility" policy, such policies are actually
"Corporate Financial *IRR*esponsibility".

 remember, Directors are *legally* required to pathologically enact
the Articles of Incorporation.  if you have not done so - for example
by pursuing an "ethical business model" instead of "profit
maximisation as clearly stated in the Articles of Incorporation", you
can be prosecuted, receive a criminal record, and be struck off from
ever being a Director.

 it's a huge difference that is only really noticeable if you
investigate it in depth.