[Arm-netbook] eoma68-jz4775 x-ray pictures

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Apr 25 15:55:26 BST 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Hrvoje Lasic <lasich at gmail.com> wrote:
> actually, smart energy kind of have ethical angle but still you are supposed
> to make also profitable business.

 my point is: unless you have specifically negotiated with the VCs to
be permitted to go with a non-standard Company Articles of
Incorporation, the priority is, by law, the other way round.

 CICs in the UK, and in the USA "Benefit Corporations", have *legally*
within the Articles of Incorporation, the right to prioritise other
matters such as ethical and environmental priorities.  actually they
go something like this, in order of LEGALLY-BINDING priority:

 PRIORITY 1: do not make a loss
 PRIORITY 2: focus on ethical and environmental priorities
 PRIORITY 3: make a profit.

 as these things directly conflict with "Investor Interests", in the
UK there's actually legal requirements that prevent and prohibit
"Holding Corporations" from owning CICs.  however, a CIC "Holding
Company" may own a straight "Corporation" or even a PLC as an asset.

 there's quite a lot involved but in essence, CICs and Benefit
Corporations are the right vehicle for eco-conscious business.
standard corporations are basically flat-out lying through their
teeth.  when the chips are down, the priority is PROFIT not
ENVIRONMENT or ETHICs.

 this is a simple flat-out undeniable fact, one that, sadly, many "eco
incubators" are simply, put, completely ignorant of.

> What Rockstart is good at, it is very
> networked and supportive environment, they have large pool of mentors and
> they really try to help you about making business and implementing lean
> methods in creating business. If you have idea what you would like to find
> out maybe I can try to organize you some meetings around specific ppl.

 i think the main question i'd like to establish is whether they
understand the importance of using CICs (or equivalent) for
eco-conscious business.  otherwise, being flat-out blunt, they're
basically deceiving absolutely every single company that they've got
an 8% stake in.