[Arm-netbook] Handheld Games Console

GaCuest gacuest at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:34:13 BST 2015

En 21 de septiembre de 2015 en 21:50:23, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton (lkcl at lkcl.net) escrito:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 6:03 PM, GaCuest wrote:
> > En 21 de septiembre de 2015 en 18:17:15, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton (lkcl at lkcl.net)
> escrito:

> >> yeah that looks fantastic.
> >>
> >> hmmmm, i have an idea for you. how about moving the EC onto the
> >> buttons PCB? that way you only need an absolute minimum of
> >> connections to it. USB, power, GND... maybe BOOT and RESET errr...
> >> that's all you'd really need.
> >>
> >> that would be 6 wires, and i'm sure you could find some suitable
> >> spring-loaded connector for that. maybe even a SIM card holder (one
> >> without the "holder" bit - just the bare spring-loaded bits. as you'd
> >> be talking USB 1.0 or USB 1.1 that would hardly tickle any EMF.
> >>

> > If we put the STM32F in the second (or third) PCB, we need to connect the second with the
> third PCB (the same problem).
>
> ? why? rright right yes, got it. ok, so yes, put STM32F on 2nd (or
> 3rd) PCB, link 2nd to 3rd with FFC-20P, then you only have one
> FFC-20P, not two, the other is replaced with a simple 4 pin (or
> possibly 6 pin) cable / blah blah whatever.
>
> > Other problem is that we lost the USB ST-Link connection for FFC developers conector.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> ideas occur to me...
>
> (1) if someone wants to develop an alternative embedded controller
> PCB, if there's already one on the main PCB they are discouraged from
> adding another. it occupies the USB port... you can't really take
> that over unless you want to replace PCB1.
>
> (2) if someone wants to develop an alternative joypad controller
> PCB... say... out of discrete ICs, they are again discouraged from
> doing so because there's an STM32F on the main PCB, esp. as it
> occupies an entire USB port.
>
> (3) if the STM32F is on the joypad controller PCB, and it's pretty
> much "USB", you could actually consider making a *separate* joypad
> *product* out of it, sold for other markets.... *including* offering
> one for sale as a 2nd controller to be wired directly into the USB
> port of the games console.
>
> (4) i don't see any problem with doing product development (of the
> joypad controller) by taking PCB2 and PCB3, testing them *entirely
> separately* as a stand-alone unit.
>
> (5) i don't see any problem with doing product development (of the
> games console) by taking out PCB2 and PCB3, and connecting
> "alternative products" directly into the USB port provided for
> (normally) joypad control.

Yes, surely you are right and it is better that way.

But we have a problem with EINTs.

We have at least 5 IC they need EINT:
* Touch panel
* AXP209
* Headphone detect
* Accelerometer
* MicroSD

However EOMA-68 only has 4 EINTs.

The only solution I can think is to put the BMA250 in the second PCB and connect directly to STM32F and configure it as a USB device. I do not know if this is easy to do for us (software development) and solve the problem of EINTs.

Thanks.