[Arm-netbook] qualcom snapdragon 410

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Nov 26 22:58:45 GMT 2015

> [*] https://developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/dragonboard-410c
>
> ("Free graphics possible" according to the Debian Wiki's ARM 64 port page...
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Arm64Port

 Adreno GPU.  niiiice.  minimalist hardware datasheet (with pinouts
but not mechanical layout) on arrow electronics, as well as a five
THOUSAND page datasheet on the hardware registers.

 this might actually qualify as an FSF-Endorseable processor, and,
with a bit of work, might actually be a great candidate for an EOMA68
CPU Card.  it will need a MIPI-to-RGB/TTL converter IC on-board.
there's I2C, UART, SPI, 2 SDCs (one is eMMC, the other is SD/MMC),
only one USB port (bleeeergh!), which means that a USB Hub IC is
needed..

so we're looking at... whatever the SoC cost is (knowing qualcomm
they'll want around the $12 mark for it), plus USB Hub IC and
components ($1.50), plus a MIPI-to-RGB/TTL converter IC (could be as
high as $2.50), so we'd be looking at what.... $15....

... and the allwinner A64 we know is only $5.  with 2 USB interfaces,
RGB/TTL output....

whyy, god, whyyyyy... :)