[Arm-netbook] early alpha production run of libre laptop PCBs, microdesktops and CPU Cards

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Dec 16 15:18:47 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 16. December 2015 16.09.21 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>  great.  so, i'll put you down for the jz4775 and udesktop.

Yes, please do!

>  would you (or anyone else) possibly be interested in helping with the
> firmware on the STM32F072?  it's basically porting things like the
> linux i2c touchscreen driver (which is in c) to the stm32f072 with
> libopencm3 (which is also in c).  i've done the hx8357d SPI driver
> already - got the initialisation and screen-writing done.  the main
> thing is making it all "hang together" - interleaving USB CDCADM with
> USB HID for mouse *and* keyboard - three separate USB endpoints - and
> creating some power-management routines, status of which can be
> monitored over the CDCACM serial interface.  and writing an
> appropriate linux kernel driver to work with that.

I don't have that much Linux driver-writing experience, although I've peered
into the murky depths of various drivers, including USB-related ones, which
was horrible. Still, if you can't find anyone with the expertise who can do
this kind of thing in an afternoon, I might be of some assistance. I have
looked at USB controllers before now, so it's not completely alien technology
to me.

Paul