[Arm-netbook] H2020 EU Funding

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:38:58 BST 2015

Hi Luke,

Maybe best would be to have a Skype some time so I can tell you what I know
but let me tell you few things.

ICT  - if possible avoid it. For example in first round there was more then
800 applications and only small number is funded. This is why we didn't get
funds even if we had score above threshold. There is always someone with
better score and I think only 10 or 20 projects are funded in each call.
For example in low carbon there was about 50 applications in total and now
you understand why you should avoid ICT. it is just too crowded.

low carbon - I think you have to talk to someone that is familiar with this
but I am not sure if you can make your case for low carbon. I think they
think about products which contribute actively to reducing carbon footprint
like more efficient technologies in heating, cooling or industry etc. But I
say you should try to push it here because you can always push in in ICT
but this is too crowded call. Now you understand the logic, try to find
business case for you that is not ICT within H2020. For example you said
that you solution can be good for education as it drastically reducing cost
of computers. Is there any call mentioning education etc...

I think you cant write application yourself as you are not good in all
aspects that are important for application to be successful. Not only you
have to be good in areas where you are expected to be good (like
technology, business model, competitions etc) but also in areas which are
difficult to understand from your point of view like EU policies etc...

Evaluator that you know certainly can help as they know those things but
you need someone who can work on your project with you. Actually I signed a
contract with one UK agency doing this but there are others. I will send
you later more info on project we do so you cna pick up something that we
can participate. One more important thing. You are expected to have 30% of
your funds and this 30% can be salaries and other cost that are justified
but it means you need some strong partners to absorb lot of funds if you
don't have enough expenses. Phase1 is not a problem 950k Euro) but phase 2
where you can ask 0.5 to 2.5 mill Euro can be.