[Arm-netbook] Iteadstudio doing A20 SOM board

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 22:12:50 BST 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Henrik Nordström <
henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> It's an USB module. Quite likely optional addon. Shematics says HFL-W2
> which is a realtec WIFI 150MBps module, but it's USB so pretty much any
> USB PCB module can fit there.
>
> I would not count on it being included by default. It is NOT mounted on
> the pictures available in the shop, or mentioned in any descriptions.
>
> I would guess that this fits nicely:
> http://imall.iteadstudio.com/im140829001.html
>
> from the pictures it looks like it may be easy to solder an external
> antenna to the module, but not sure. Not much details in specifications.

Yeah, that looks about right... Tricky to solder headers to those edge-type
solder points, but not impossible. I've heard it talked about (Dave Jones /
EEVblog mentioned it about a product sample he got, in one or two of his
YouTube segments). Never actually done it tho...

> Yes the LCD LVDS connector is quite documented.

Yes it is, although the pinout table could stand to be a goodly bit more
informative. What I meant was, I had missed the label for it on the photo
type diagram where it has a little inset picture of the part where the
connector is, and says what and where it is. That's all... although I think
it might be about time for new glasses! :P