[Arm-netbook] Iteadstudio doing A20 SOM board

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Oct 15 22:05:11 BST 2014

ons 2014-10-15 klockan 14:50 -0400 skrev Christopher Havel:

> I notice one intriguing thing on the wiki page Henrik posted -- on the
> underside of the EVB board, as shown in the dimensional drawing they
> have (it's the image on the right, under "hardware", if it's not
> obvious) -- there's a four-pin something with a PCB antenna --

It's an USB module. Quite likely optional addon. Shematics says HFL-W2
which is a realtec WIFI 150MBps module, but it's USB so pretty much any
USB PCB module can fit there.

I would not count on it being included by default. It is NOT mounted on
the pictures available in the shop, or mentioned in any descriptions.

I would guess that this fits nicely:
http://imall.iteadstudio.com/im140829001.html

from the pictures it looks like it may be easy to solder an external
antenna to the module, but not sure. Not much details in specifications.

> I thought there was a second unmentioned item -- but it's labeled
> properly and I'd just missed that somehow, lol. It's an FFC/FPC
> connector for LCDs. 40 pins. It's also on the bottom of the board,
> right in the middle.

Yes the LCD LVDS connector is quite documented.

Regards
Henrik